Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector
Wooden materials with bohemian indian and earthy colors are very popular in wooden furniture design. Only, the standard offerings in wood protection often fall short in this sense with standard colors or transparent coverage. This can certainly be very nice if you want to preserve the natural look of the wood. However, if you really want to be creative with different colors then Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector offers the solution.
Our teak balcony furniture such as The Balcony Bench, The Balcony Stool and our plant wall racks are also great for wearing a trendy color. Both new out of the box and aged. Although protecting and caring for outdoor wooden furniture seems to be a time-consuming task, a great advantage is just around the corner; Teak garden furniture is easy to maintain. And when combined with Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector, it’s a breeze that when protecting and maintaining it takes little time.
Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector will not flake or form a film layer and you do not need to sand the teak beforehand. When it’s time for another coat after about a year, simply apply it with the same product and your wooden balcony furniture will be as good as new. In summary, Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector provides the perfect protection for our teak balcony furniture.
Watch our YouTube video here
In this YouTube video you will see how the Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector in the color Pure is applied to the teak balcony bench. Furthermore, you will see how the balcony bench is mounted on a small balcony.
Teak Oil, Teak Sealant or Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector? What are the differences and uses?
Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector
In our experience, Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector is the perfect product to maintain wooden garden furniture and wooden balcony furniture with one layer of coating. It has the best moisture resistant properties we have seen and holds up very well against bright sunlight.
While Teak Oil may seem like the most common solution for maintaining Teak outdoor furniture, you will need to think carefully before applying it. Indeed, immediately after application you will see that warm honey golden hue and glow, but this effect quickly disappears. Also, teak oil creates a perfect environment for mold and thus eventually rot – the biggest threat to any outdoor wooden furniture.
Teak Sealer from Teak Wonder
Unlike teak oil, teak sealer proves to be a good alternative for protection and maintenance of teak garden furniture. It does not let moisture through and does not provide fertile soil for mold. At the same time, teak sealer preserves the luxurious natural hue of the teak. Teak sealer also requires a little effort as you only need to apply it once a year. View Teak Wonder Dressing & Sealer here.
What makes teak so suitable for balcony furniture
Before we go any further into the protection and maintenance of our teak balcony furniture, we would like to explain what teak is and with what properties it differs from other woods such as Douglas fir and scaffolding wood, for example.
Teak is widely known as a hard and durable hardwood that stays nice, straight and sleek. Teak is also easy to protect and maintain. We use the best selected plantation teak that is produced under a FLEGT permit. A FLEGT license is a document issued by a timber producing country that has ratified a Voluntary Partnership Agreement with the EU; in this case Indonesia. The license confirms that timber or timber products fully comply with the relevant Indonesian legislation.
If teak is naturally so suitable; why use Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector for protection?
Like any other wood species, teak loses its pigment and turns platinum gray in 8 to 12 months. Also, all wood dries and will start to show small hairline cracks over the years. There is always a chance that moisture and dirt will nestle between them so prevention is better than cure. The Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector will protect this. However, if you want to preserve the warm honey-brown color or give your balcony furniture an original color, Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector is the solution with a choice and combination of 20 colors.
Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector colors
The pigment, present in the various RMC Hybrid Wood Protector colors, helps protect the wood from aging. PLEASE NOTE: However, the color PURE is not pigmented, so natural aging will prevail more quickly.
Available in 12 contemporary colors:
White, Pure, Natural, Teak, Royal, Chocolate, Charcoal, Grey, Black, Look Ipe, Light Grey, Taupe
Available in 8 trendy pop colors:
Sunflower, Veggie, Dolphin, Lagoon, Dragonfruit, Piglet, Poppy, Sunset
Mix & match
All colors can be mixed and matched and can, of course, be combined in one piece of furniture. We therefore challenge you to make your balcony furniture completely your own with its own distinctive look.
Not sure which colors to choose?
Then order a sample bottle of 20 ml.
Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector packaging contents
- Bottle: 20 ml, 100 ml and 0,5 L
- Can: 1 L and 2,5 L
* For a balcony bench 100 to 120 ml is sufficient
* For a balcony hocker suffices 20 ml
* For a plant wall rack, 20 ml is sufficient
Bear in mind that every type of wood in every condition shows a different Rubio Monocoat color result. We therefore always recommend testing the Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector in an area that is not visible to the eye; for example, on the underside or back of the outdoor furniture to be treated.
- STEP 1. Remove any residue from previous treatments. Clean the surface with RMC Exterior Wood Cleaner. If it is untreated wood as you find in our balcony furniture, then wiping with a lukewarm slightly damp dust-free cloth is sufficient. Allow the wood to dry thoroughly so do not get it too wet either.
- STEP 2. Mix the oil well before use. You can now choose to add the B component (Hardener / Accelerator) for a faster drying time.
- STEP 3. Once the cleaned surface is dry, apply a coat of RMC Hybrid Wood Protector using a hand pad and, if necessary, in conjunction with a hand pad holder to keep your hands clean. We recommend using a glove anyway that you apply it with as well. Leave on for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- STEP 5. After 5 minutes, wipe the surface with a cleaning cloth to remove all traces of oil.
- STEP 6. Allow to dry for 24 hours. There is full cure after 7 days when using the B component accelerator.
- Preparation should always be done with RMC’s products.
- Never apply in direct sunlight and at a temperature below 10°C.
- Only work in dry weather conditions.
- Do not cover or place heavy objects before drying is complete.
- Horizontal surfaces should be wiped dry if exposed to rain 24-36 hours after the oil was applied.
Technical information about Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector
- Based on RMC technology, with integrated UV stabilizer.
- 0% VOC, contains no water or solvents.
- Suitable for virtually all wood types, can also be used for indoor applications!
- Available in 12 contemporary natural wood colors, and 8 trendy pop colors.
- Easy to apply.
- Fast drying.
- Economic: minimal consumption.
- Non-film forming.
- Does not peel off.
- Maintenance is done with the same product. Sanding is not necessary!
- Physical state: liquid
- Odor: linseed oil
- Density: 0.95 – 1.3kg/L
- VOC: 0 g/L (VOC means Volatile Organic Compounds)
- QUV: tested according to EN 927-6 standard (QUV means Q-panel Laboratory UltraViolet testing)
Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector can be stored for up to 36 months in dry conditions and in its original packaging.
Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector is based on plant-based ingredients. The oil contains no water, no formaldehyde and no volatile organic compounds (VOC). So it is safe during application and safe for the environment.
The operation of Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector is based on a revolutionary technology; namely molecular bonding. This means that you only need to apply it in one layer. It also avoids overlaps and ridges.
As an indication: with 1 liter Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector you treat 30m2 of exterior wood. Due to the molecular bonding technique, no second coat needs to be applied. Additional drying times and sanding between coats are no longer necessary.
Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector is suitable for almost all wood types. Refreshing of color and protection is done with the same product. Sanding is not necessary.
Hanna Kok (verified owner) –
Daisy (verified owner) –
Makkelijk aan te brengen en mooie afwerking
Carolien (verified owner) –
Geeft mooie kleur.
Nicole (verified owner) –
Schöne Farbe, sehr gut aufzutragen.