Balcony hocker and storage box protective cover. Strong material and durable. Made of 400DS Polyester with premium coating.
Through the use of a water-repellent and hard-wearing protective cover made of 400DS polyester, the balcony hocker and balcony storage box is given maximum protection from influence by weather conditions and daily use.
Because weather influences such as moisture, UV rays and wind affect wood that stands outdoors, a protective cover provides additional protection. Such as in the cold and wet months.
Features and usage tips
- Water resistant. Because (teak) wood is a natural material, it is susceptible to long-term exposure to water and moisture. Using a water-repellent cover made of 400DS polyester will protect the balcony hocker or storage box 100%. Water repellency can also be achieved by applying wood treatments such as Teak Sealer or Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector. By using both a 400DS polyester protective cover and treating the teak wood you give the balcony hocker or storage box maximum protection because water does not dry on the wood and dirt and eventually algae formation and adhesion is prevented.
- Waterproof. the balcony hocker or storage box is not 100% waterproof by default. With a protective cover you make the it waterproof while the contents remain ventilated.
NOTE: However, it is important that water can drain away. If water cannot drain away, you will suffer from water pockets. If water is left standing for a long time it can eventually leak through. Prevent the cover from being in direct contact with the balcony cushions. If the cushions sit against the cover can become damp protection cover. The seams are splash-proof. By the seams are equipped with PVC tape to prevent seepage. The seams can unfortunately never be made 100% waterproof.
- Condensation. Condensation can occur under the protective cover. Condensation is caused by temperature changes. This can cause it to get wet under the protective cover. Therefore, make sure you air the protective cover regularly. Then make sure that the protective cover is not in direct contact with the leaf. This prevents moisture stains from condensation.
- Prevents wood graying. Protection against UV radiation: If (teak) wood is exposed to UV radiation for a long time, the teak will lose its pigment in 8 to 12 months and will gray. By applying a protective cover, the wood will gray much less quickly. Graying can also be prevented with wood treatments such as Teak Sealer or Rubio Monocoat Hybrid Wood Protector. By using both a polyester protective cover and treating the teak, you give maximum protection from UV radiation and aging is eliminated.
- Premium PU coating. The protective cover has a premium PU coating, the coating is of great importance for the waterproofing and longevity of the protective cover. PU stands for polyurethane. The protection cover is coated twice on the inside with the PU Coating. The coating ensures that the protective covers are waterproof, in addition, the coating ensures that the protective covers have flame retardant and UV protection. Products with polyurethane are safe for babies, children and adults when used normally. If you want to know if polyurethane is present in a specific product, check the packaging or ask the manufacturer. Check out this page on waarzitwatin.nl for more information on PU coating.
- Fineness of fabric. 400DS. The “D” stands for Denier. Denier is a measure of the fineness of the thread used. The higher the Denier, the stronger and more durable the material.
- Water column value. 5000mm. This means that the protection cover is completely waterproof in the rain and can withstand many forms of pressure. Only with very high pressure from, for example, placing something heavy on it for a long time, the material starts to leak. So keep the cover free of stuff.
- Colorfastness. The protective cover is made of solution dyed oxford fabric. This means that the protective cover may start to discolor after about 2 years.
- UV protection. UV-50
- Flame retardant. CPAI-84
- Standard Options. The protector cover comes with an elastic cord or rope in the hem for a closing bottom, ventilation holes, stainless steel attachment rings and a storage bag to neatly store the protector cover.